University of Minnesota
Controller's Organization: Purchasing Services
myU OneStop

Controller's Office > Purchasing Services

Department of Purchasing Services

Vendor Databases

Databases that are helpful when searching for a vendor.

Central Contractor Registration (CCR)

CCR is an electronic gateway of information for, and about, small businesses. The CCR program is a cooperative effort of 8 different U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) departments.

Debarred Vendors

The System for Award Management (SAM) is an official website of the U.S. government. SAM consolidated the capabilities of CCR/FedReg, ORCA, and EPLS.

The EPLS (Excluded Parties List System), was a database that was maintained by the General Services Administration (GSA) that identified suppliers that were excluded from receiving Federal Contracts, certain subcontracts, and certain types of Federal finanical and non-financial assistance and benefits.

The EPLS was replaced by the System for Award Management (SAM), which combined federal procurement systems, and the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance into one new system.

Departments should NOT purchase from debarred vendors.

State of Minnesota - Targeted Business Groups (TGB)

The Minnesota Materials Management Division maintains a list of Minnesota-based minority, woman and disabled-owned small businesses, and small businesses in Economically Disadvantaged Counties in Minnesota. Departments are encouraged to search the database and select vendors from it.

U of M Targeted Vendor Database

The Targeted Vendor Database is maintained by the Office for Business and Community Economic Development and is intended to increase departmental utilization of Targeted Businesses, business enterprises owned and operated by women, minority and/or disabled persons (WMDBEs). To ensure that all vendors are of the highest quality and meet the University's definition of Targeted Business, it is required that each registered vendor be certified by at least one of the following 6 University-recognized Targeted Business Certification Agencies listed at the BCED web site. You can visit the agency links to see more details or contact a Project Manager at 612-625-8460.

U-Wide Contracts and Contractor Listing

U-Wide contracts are contracts with vendors for goods and services that are available to all University departments. U-Wide contracts and a U-Wide contract vendor list are available for searching / viewing through the link below.

Controller's Office

Purchasing Services is one of the many departments that are part of the Controller's Office.

Internal Service Organizations (ISOs)

ISOs and Auxiliaries are University departments that provide products or services for sale to other University departments.

University Travel Services

University Travel Services is your complete, one-stop location for all travel related questions; from policy to prices, it's all here.